Friday 28 August 2009

Bolton Food and Drink Festival

These ingredients can only mean one thing, the Bolton Food and Drink Festival (Fri 28 - Sun 30 August) is back and it’s better than ever. I can vouch for this as I went for a wander at lunchtime and my wallet is significantly lighter for it. My eye was caught by beautifully coloured and scented soaps (great stocking fillers for Christmas), a bottle of Dandelion and Burdoch Cordial (it was the lovely packaging) and the jewellery stall. Luckily, I had already had my lunch or I could still be out there grazing...

This year, celebrity TV chefs The Hairy Bikers and James Martin are heading to Bolton. The main event on Victoria Square, in the heart of the town, is the live Rangemaster Cookery Theatre and a speciality market offering great food and drink produce plus ample opportunities to sample and savour. My favourite site was a lady with a double buggy with three plates of different food on the hood so she could eat and browse at the same time. Now that's multi-tasking!

In addition, there’ll be events at participating local venues plus special offers at a wide range of restaurants and food outlets throughout Bolton. You can download your vouchers for the offers we are doign at the Octagon here and here
blog comments powered by Disqus