Friday 17 July 2009

The Octagon Spa

I mentioned in my last post about the building work we are doing here over summer. I knew about The Lab and The Studio but I wasn't aware of the work going on in the dressing rooms. Mainly, as I don't spend a lot of time back stage as I get lost. Fortunately, Richard, our Deputy Production Manager and Project Manager of The Octagon Grand Design project was on hand to help so we did a whistle stop tour (he is a busy man as you can imagine once you see the photos) of the dressing rooms. Here are a few snaps...

Here is Richard trying to escape the camera. He doesn't look scared at all! In fact considering the amount of work and the fact the toilet waste has been leaking into his office leaving rather an unpleasant smell and hole in the floor, he looks remarkably chipper...and clean...

You can see below why Richard being so clean is something of a surprise. It's a bit messy....

The new showers with lovely limestone tiles. They are almost going to be nice enough to encourage me to start biking to work again. Before, you took your life in your hands on the bike and your mental health and reputation into your hands when you used the showers. There wasn't a lock and very little room to get sudsy so it was a case of shower roulette. Anyone could walk in....

Considering health and safety at all times. I am sure it is not at its most effective when used like this. But I am sure the chair is glad its lungs are well protected!


Work in progress....I love 'before' and 'afters' so am looking forward to seeing this bit finished. Also, see how I manage to get in the photo whilst being behind the camera...

Oh the glamour of theatre....

Fingers crossed it will all be finished by the time people arrive for the new season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment