Wednesday 15 July 2009

New Faces...

We are delighted to welcome a new face here at Octagon Bolton. The very lovely Elizabeth Newman will be working at the Theatre for the next 12 months, as part of the ITV Theatre Director Scheme 2009. Octagon Bolton is one of the three participating theatres that are taking part and every year up to three young directors are awarded a bursary enabling them to spend one year in a UK theatre. The scheme enables young directors to gain exceptional training and experience in all aspects of the theatre’s operations.

Elizabeth said, “I am thrilled to be the Octagon Bolton’s new Trainee Director. I have arrived at the Theatre during exciting times; everyone is celebrating the Theatre’s past whilst looking forward to a rich artistic future. I have been working in London for several years now but I wanted to broaden my horizons, which is why I am so grateful to the ITV Theatre Director Scheme for giving me this opportunity.

My first experience of theatre was performing, which is why I am so excited about assisting on Oliver Twist. I will be working closely with the young company; I am sure we are going to have lots of fun and it’s guaranteed to be dramatic! During my time at Octagon Bolton I will be assisting, directing, working on casting and other preparatory elements of producing shows, as well as co-ordinating extra events as part of Bolt On, a new programme of work to support and run alongside the main house programme.”

She is already having quite an impact here although you tend to only see her as a blur as she rushes past on her way to another meeting / casting / rehearsal / read through. She managed to take some time to talk to Bolton FM this morning about her post and her involvement in casting for Oliver Twist...thanks Lizzy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment